We managed to catch up with the super busy David Britnell to ask him our quickfire questions!
- Do you have anything lucky that you will not be without on a competition day?
My green BHS tie that my Mum wore when she used to event.
- What is your favourite and least favourite food?
My favourite is casserole with dumplings, and I dislike tinned tomatoes.
- If you compared yourself to an animal, which one would you pick and why?
I would be a squirrel because I am known to be erratic, do strange things and joke around!
- What is your least favourite horsey job?
Forking back the muck heap,
- Who is your celebrity crush?
Aliona Vilani – Strictly Come Dancing Dancer – we now know what David watches on tv!!
- Who do you use as your trainer?
My Mum, John Whinnet and Dickie Waygood.
- Which rider do you admire most and why?
I admire many different riders for different reasons.
- Do you have any amazing time saving tips to share with us?
Turnout all day everyday if possible. It saves time on mucking out and keeps the horse’s happy.
- What is the one piece of horsey kit you wouldn’t be without?
I wouldn’t ride in any other saddle than a WOW.
- What is your favourite product stocked at Forelock and Load?
My favourite product in Forelock and Load is the Stubben Freedom Bridle (and Diamond White shampoo for CSF Why Me (Louis)).