We’ve been working for Charlotte for what seems like an age but can’t be as she is only 20! She also competed Daisy for a season.
- Do you have anything lucky that you will not be without on a competition day?
I cannot be without my beautiful, navy Samshield hat. After customising it at Forelock and Load mid 2018, I have had the best season! Including qualifying for Badminton Grassroots 100, Blenheim and 11 top 10 placings!
- What is your favourite and least favourite food?
My Favourite would have to be a Sunday roast, preferably beef….. YUM!
Least favourite food is cooked brussel sprouts but I LOVE them raw. Umm Charlotte is probably the first person we’ve met who eats raw brussels!!!
- If you compared yourself to an animal, which one would you pick and why?
I’d compare myself to a horse purely because I’ve been around them so long I’m now one of them!
- What is your least favourite horsey job?
Anything during winter! Especially picking out hooves when they come in plastered in thick, wet mud .
- Who is your celebrity crush?
Douglas Booth (another one to Google!!)
- Who do you use as your trainer?
I train with multiple trainers. I find this really works for me getting different opinions – what one may see the other may not.
I use Sue Harris for SJ, David Merrit mainly for flatwork but also jumping with Pearl and I travel down to Chippenham to train with Tim Rogers who has been fantastic.
- Which rider do you admire most and why?
Piggy French is my biggest inspiration. She’s on fire at the moment.
- Do you have any amazing time saving tips to share with us?
Get a mega mother! Mine (shout out to Adele) has made my horsey experience incredible, I really couldn’t do it without her. No matter the weather or time she’s out lugging poles and wings around.
- What is the one piece of horsey kit you wouldn’t be without?
As I mentioned on the first question, I cannot live without my Samshield hat and also my Voltaire tack.
- What is your favourite product in our shop?
Surprise surprise it is SAMSHIELD!!!!