The 2.5 Ring cheek piece introduces poll pressure as well creating leverage on the mouthpiece.
The 2½ Ring version is the softest version of ring bit as the ½ ring softens the leverage on the mouthpiece and poll.A horse shaking its head when bit pressure is applied or its tongue trying to escape the bit are classic signs the horse has a sensitive tongue. With this in mind the McHardy was created, it has a medium port creating space for the tongue relieving pressure. The Buster Roller in the middle increases bar pressure and as a result lifting the horse’s head and giving more control.This bit comes with a back strap. When using the back strap this should be introduced loosely and then tightened one hole at a time. The back strap tightened will increases the leverage and the reaction will be quicker (therefore sharper) on the horse’s mouth/poll
Fitting the Bomber BitThe bit should be fitted in your horse's mouth with the size (as you look at the horse) the correct way up for you to read and on your right-hand side. We recommend that you have the bit so the horse just has ½ to one lip wrinkle at the corner of the mouth. This might have to be altered if the horse has large canines. When fitting a bit with a fixed cheek e.g an eggbutt we recommend that the lip should sit flush with the butt to ensure a snug but not tight fit. When fitting a loose ring (pictured below) we like to see a bit of clearance either side of approx. 3-4mm to make sure the lips will not get pinched. Please watch our video https://youtu.be/0BRI4lYurHU
If you have any queries please email Kirstie with photos so we can recommend how to change it.
Bit Hire Details
- Bit hire is for 14 working days from the dispatch of your order
- Penalties apply for the late return of hire products (see our [/terms-conditions/]terms and conditions for details)
- If you require a different size, please [/contact-us/]give us a shout
- When hiring the bit we require full payment. This includes the hire charge of £10.50
- The hire charge on ALL TITANIUM BITS is £20
- If you decide to keep the bit then return the hire bit to us, as soon as we receive this we will dispatch a new one out to you immediately
- If you decide you don’t want to keep the bit then please return it to us within the 14 days and we shall refund you the bit price, minus the £10.50 (£20 for Titanium) hire charge which is non-refundable
NOTE: After use, the Blue colouring of the sweet iron may fade due to the moisture in the horses mouth.
If you have any questions or queries then please contact us before hiring! Hire items cannot be purchased with finance.